Saturday, October 21, 2006

There are so many things in life that I missed out on.

I never got to play the harp as much as I wanted to.
I never got to see linkin park in concert two years ago. and it looks like there won't be another.
I never worked hard enough to be a mathematical genius.
I didn't continue ballet so I have the flexibility of a wooden ruler.
I never told anyone about my crushes - now I'm stuck pondering about the consequences if I did.
I didn't go far enough out into the ocean to catch the best waves because I was afraid of sharks
I didn't go parties on countless Friday nights because I wanted to be "the good girl."
I didn't seize the opportunity to do what I wanted to do - and I let other people take it from right under my nose.

why did I let all those opportunities go to waste? was I expecting something more? I just sat at home and waited for opportunities to come flying in.

truth is : life doesn't work that way. and when that someone said 'live life to the fullest', he meant it. sometimes when you want something really badly, you've just got to reach out and grab it. Sure, some people might get hurt in the process but the worst victim of all is yourself.

in countless events you'll feel the need to DO SOMETHING to make something else happen. but even as Newton put it. for every action there is a reaction. Think about it, however enormous my crush is on Brad Pitt, if I went up to him and told him of my undying love .. there would be consequences. (besides the fact of facing Angelina's wrath :)

For the more realistic things, we've got to take the first step or we'll never know. Should we care what other people say or think? Sure. we live on the same piece of land anyway , and we would definitely hear of their comments and critiques. We should CARE. but we can't let it get to us. cause if we do, we probably won't have the guts to do anything in life. People always have their own thoughts and views on things. Its human nature. I admit to have judged people by their covers before, but after awhile, I'm too swamped with my own life I totally forget about the hideous pair of boots that girl was wearing before. What use is it to me to remember it?

take it as a lesson learnt or wisdom shared.
reach for the stars.
life is too short.

lotsa love,

chrystal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home